Friday, August 24, 2007

Counselling

My appointment went really well.

The lady was just fantastic - she really understood where I am at.

She assured me that I am doing things right in distracting myself with keeping busy, planning pleasant events etc. That was good to hear.

She also noted that there has been some upheaving things that have happened in my recent past, like moving out of Rocky, moving in with In-Laws and getting fired, just to name a few. I ahven't had much of a chance to grieve these things, and regarding work, this may be why I don't feel ready to find a job yet.

I have to challenge my negative thoughts by writing them all down then challenging them directly. Just the process of writing can get you out of the cycle of negative thinking.

I am now sitting at Sim's work - he picked me up after the appointment. After we are done here, we are going to Rocky for a quick trip with friends. Should be heaps of fun. We are going to sing the whole way there!!

No comments: